Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sunsets

Last Sunday I was late leaving the house to go bike riding. Then, on my ride, there was a sunset so grand I have no words for it -- and no camera. The Lord really knows how to put on a show and sometimes all I can do is drink it in.

This evening (Tuesday) I rode down the cliff road to the marine lab at the University of Guam. Part of it I have to walk up. The rest of the road tells me that I am making progress in getting into shape. I went down, up about 2/3 of the way, turned around and whizzed back down to just before the steep part to a parking lot and back up past where I turned around and didn't stop once until I got to the point where I have to walk. The first time I went down there, I had to stop 3 times to recover before getting to the always walk part.

There also was a quite nice sunset and I got sprinkled on.

I have learned from several people here that you have to be really careful if you get any kind of injury here in the tropics -- that infections take off really quick. This was after I lost a fight with a Corell dish I dropped on the floor where it smashed and got me in the leg. I didn't go right away to see if I needed stitches but was told I should get it checked the next morning. So, I did. Too late for stitches. I don't think it needed any anyway. I think it's healed enough that there will be no infection.

PIU campus has been pretty quiet. The team that went to Thiland will be back by next week and then faculty will start arriving on various dates starting August. Things will get really busy really quickly then.

No comments:

Post a Comment