Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Interesting Things on Guam

The college has been blessed with funds to build the pavilion pictured below. What I want you to notice is the forest of posts under the roof. They are what seem like metal jacks holding up the concrete roof while the concrete cures. I was told it would take 21 days to cure. This is with a new kind of concrete. Previously it would take about 4 months to cure.

The forest is now gone and work has continued. I think they are installing electric wire encased in concrete.
The tree below is a very wonderful example of God's creation. The trunk consists of a chaos of trunklets. I can actually see daylight though the trunk. But, from a distance, it looks like one trunk. When I look up in the branches, they are going everywhere, but from a distance it looks like an organized tree. It's like a bush that looks like a tree. Beautiful and strange. Order from chaos.
The rainy season has arrived. I haven't been taking my camera with me bike riding because I don't know if I will get wet. I see lots of people carrying umbrellas. When it rains, it pours, the wind blows, and lasts quite a while. Today it was partly cloudy and didn't rain at all. Last Saturday I got drenched. It's a good thing people don't melt like the Wicked Witch of the West.

I enjoy hearing the rain falling outside or on the roof. It's one of the things the Lord created that I really enjoy -- like I enjoy his sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment