Saturday, June 5, 2010

PIU Days

Every Spring, Pacific Islands University holds "PIU Days".  The staff, faculty, and students are split into 3 teams for games and worship.  Each team was in charge of evening worship on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evenings.  This year, for the first time, the students organized all the activities and worship times including supplying the speakers.  It was great!

We started out with volley ball on Friday afternoon.  It got washed out a bit.  Dave Owen told me it wasn't rain because it was the "dry season" but it felt wet to me.  We had no other rain for the rest of the weekend.

More Volleyball.

The volleyball was a great spectator sport.

These are a few of the "Patience" team.


Running contests came first on Saturday.  I ran in the staff race and, as usual, came in dead last.  A couple of students thought I needed help and boosted my speed.  I wasn't out of breath.  I am just slooooooooow.  Bike riding gives me good lungs but doesn't make me run faster.  I am contemplating using my bicycle next hear.  Maybe the crowd won't recede in to the distance so quickly!

Tug of war is always one of the events eagerly participated in.

The other end of the rope.


My team HUPOMONE - Greek for perseverance with Ann Stinnette and Julie, a student.


It's not all serious!  Part of worship is presenting skits with a message.  That IS Ben wearing a Chuukeese skirt!
One of the students gave the message for the evening.

Witness team picture after worship.


Here are some video clips from all 3 days.  I did not get any of the worship that the team I was part of.  Sigh.....





No comments:

Post a Comment