Monday, March 2, 2009

A Sunset and Flowers

I have misplaced my camera. One day it just vanished. It had lived a hard life inside it's sock (the only case it ever had). There was a dent in the front and the battery/card holder door was held shut with duck tape but it took some pretty nice pictures. The battery would run dry at the most inopportune times. I have a number of samples of events where I have only pictures of the beginning of the event.

Somewhere in my sock drawer is an odd sock.

While I wait for my new camera to arrive (along with an extra battery), I thought I would go back through my pictures and select a few to share. Here are a sunset and a bunch of flowers (which there are a lot of on Guam) as samplings God's handiwork.
This is the view out the back of my apartment at dusk. During the day the jungle is covered with pink flowers, but, at dusk one day there were the clouds and the jungle in silhouette. I don't have a view of the ocean but I like what I see when I look out at the jungle.

Plumeria blossoms are beautiful and smell wonderful and come in a number of colors. All of these pictures were taken at the PIBC campus.

This is a picture I took a year ago in Tim and Melody Plaxton's yard while I was staying at their house while visiting Guam. I think Melody told me this was a hibiscus but I'm not sure.
These next flower pictures were taken in Dave and Joyce Owen's yard. They were all in pots -- some of them because they had to be dug up before their next door neighbor built a fence where they were. They were waiting for Joyce to get out her jack hammer to re-plant them. I assume they are now in the ground again by now after a year.
What kind of flower is this? I'm drawing a blank. I really should know. I have a cousin who grows them in his backyard in San Diego.Isn't this flower georgeous? What vivid colors.I'm sure this plant was waiting to get back in the ground because it doesn't look totally happy. A bit droopy but the flowers are beautiful.

I have not seen it, but I am told that when the flame trees here really start blossoming they really do look like they are on fire. The flame trees have dropped their leaves and I am starting to see blossoms. I surely will take pictures when they blossom.
This flower was clinging to a rock overlooking a cliff to the sea on the Eastern side of Guam. I took this picture while on a boonie stomp to a cave where there is swimming if you are brave enough to climb down in and bring enough candles to light the way.

I hope you have enjoyed these little snapshots of the beauty that God has created. I am enjoying the warm weather here and the lack of air polution. I also enjoy looking out while just driving around and -- there is the ocean. I don't have nearly the amount of alergies here than I did in the states which I attribute to the cleaner air for which I thank the Lord and I also thank the Lord that he is allowing me to be of service to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment